Thursday, July 13, 2006

Is 2006 the year of peak oil? The latest figures are suggesting it could be.....

www.indymedia.org.uk

I've also heard the latest stats from the government site is showing more demand than supply in the first quarter of this year. Someone suggested the thought that stored inventories may have been or are being used to meet demand.

With oil trading at highs of around $76/bbl today, I can't imagine what is going to happen if something catastrophic happens like widespread war in the ME or another major natural disaster like Katrina.

I bought a clothesline this past weekend. That's one goal met for the summer. I think I better splurge for the water filter ASAP. For some reason, having clean water is foremost on my mind, and I am not prepared in that respect! KI (Potassium Iodide) also comes to the forefront of my mind......don't have that yet, either. I probably should move that to the front burner, too.

No comments: