Thursday, September 28, 2006

It really happened...the torture bill passed (off topic)

Read about some of it here on another peakoiler's blog. This is quite disturbing news. All Republicans and I believe between about 9 to 11 Democrats voted it through. I really can't believe it. I'm semi-tuned in to politics but less so, of late, due to focusing my concerns around peak oil, other fossil fuel depletion, and trying to make my community a better place to live for the future.

Just in case the voting isn't rigged yet (it may very well be at this point, I don't know), I think everyone that can vote should try it and see what we can do about this. Our whole government (both sides) needs cleaned up. I lost hope after '04, however, this really needs some attention. People! Wake up! Please!

No comments: