Thursday, December 08, 2005

Venezuela delivers energy 'aid' to New York poor

cnn money

I know I've blogged about this before. But this is quite an interesting story to me. I really am intrigued as to Chavez' motives. It's a very nice gesture toward the American poor whether the motive is good or bad. I liked the response of the Congressman, Rep. Jose Serrano, when criticized of the arrangements though"

"To those folks who say that this is a way for Hugo Chavez to score political points, I invite every American corporation that wants to score points with my community, to start scoring points this afternoon," he said.

I thought that was a very witty response. Good question: where ARE these corporations who are supposed to represent that ethical and moral personhood we so often hear about?

No comments: