Sunday, July 03, 2005

Midnight reflections on Fidel Castro and Global Orwellian Imperialism

VHeadline.com

This may not be totally peak oil related although it does mention peak oil once. What this article does talk about is all of the things that can, or will, or could (or is, however you conceptualize it) transpire over the quest for capitalistic globalization and dominance over the world's resources.

I'm sure I'm singing to the choir about this but I REALLY don't understand why the U.S. congresspeople are in such an uproar over a China firm wanting to purchase Unocal. This is what capitalists wanted wasn't it? We opened up the markets to a communist-run country who is evidently playing the capitalist game. Why is the upper eschalon in such an uproar? They allowed it! Now, since American companies are losing the game, they want to change the rules to their favor? This is hardly fair! I thought our country's founding values were based on fairness?

I can understand not wanting a country as powerful as China to have alot of control over resources. But the U.S. capitalists should have never opened this up to become a possibility in the first place! I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

No comments: