Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Why I love to come home and stare at my yard....

like a caged rabbit
More like caged FROM the rabbits! This was from the first of June. My radishes bolted rather quickly before they grew too big. Broccoli and carrots continue to grow ever so slowly!

guard dog
Of course, my guard dog is 14 years old, blind and deaf at this point! The rabbits don't mind him!

Zeppelin Delicata July 2005
I decided to go with this type of squash because someone online told me they were good and the name also reminded me of Led Zeppelin! I couldn't resist!

July 20, 2005
I added a cheap $30 outdoor fireplace. I'm going to place tiles or brick underneath before I burn in it. I'm going to use the ashes for compost material. If nothing else, we'll have something quick & minor for heat if the heating goes off for any time period.

June 2005
This beautiful picture was before I found out about squash bugs, cucumber beetles, japanese beetles, deer & rabbits.

first fruits
What happened to those funny looking cucumbers, you say? I don't know. I think I picked them before they were done growing appropriately. Next are peacevine cherry and glacier tomatoes, and chives are cut up in the baggie.

No comments: