Sunday, May 29, 2005

Can I get sick now? (Long Emergency Book Review)

Here is a review of James Howard Kunstler's book "The Long Emergency". I half want to buy the book and read it but then I already know what he is going to say and it will just scare the bejeebees out of me. Matt Savinar's website made me sit in a stupor state for about a month after learning about peak oil. I don't want to do that again. I hope it's all a bad dream. I never thought I'd say this but I miss life in the '70s. We have lived in great times, haven't we? I thank God for every day. I thank God every day for hot showers and food on my table. What have you thanked Him for today?

1 comment:

peaknik said...

Hope you could link to the review--DU has been having some connection issues tonight.

Actually, reading Matt S's site was a good thing for me or I would've never known. DU is where I found the link to Matt s's site. It just changed my life and all my perceptions as I knew them. It's what I needed to get me motivated. I even have my own blog about it now for God's sake! The blog makes it easier for me to share things about peak oil that nobody around me wants to hear, so it's all good!

I'll probably eventually get Kunstler's book. I have to get Matthew Simmons' book, too! And Crossing the Rubicon. And, and!!...