Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Find Your Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food

Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food

This is great! I've jotted down a few numbers and I'm going to find out how to go about creating a CSA or a coop. There are none in my area. The closest one is in the next town of Peru 15 minutes away. Looks like there's a real nicely established one north of me about 45 minutes away. These are too far away for my city dwellers to travel to all the time, though. We need something even closer for when the real hard times hit.

I had a vision of a certain place in town where I'd make a coop store with the farmer's market coming to my parking lot every weekend, etc. Guess what? The farmer's market has now moved and will be located in the exact spot I envisioned...right in the parking lot next the building I wanted to buy if I had the money!!!! The building is still up for sale, though. I'll have to get a picture of it and post it here for you to see sometime soon.

Since I can't buy the building and realize that dream, maybe I could try to organize a CSA!?!?! I'm going to look into it.

With this link, I hope you can find one near you if you don't already know where one is!

No comments: