Sunday, June 05, 2005

Power outages & screwed up blogsite

Hello! Just had a 3-hour power outage. We haven't had one of those for a long time. I guess that's something we'll all have to look forward to in the future, huh? I don't know what happened. It was the first day over 90 degrees here and I bet everyone turned everything on at the same time. A storm was on the horizon but I don't think it was the storm that affected it. There was no lightening or thunder yet. I was able to run my laptop but the connection through the router was out with the power so I couldn't get online. That's sort of a wake up call for me to figure out a way to run without power. A generator would be nice but I just can't afford one right now. I guess they're cheaper now than what they might be if there's a continuing crisis, I guess. Another thing on the list.

It's amazing how much we depend on electricity for things like telephones, garage doors, and crockpots. By the way, supper will be about 3 hours late tonight! I should also have an old phone handy--one that doesn't rely on electricity like the cordless. My daughter had a cellphone that was usable but I hardly ever use mine and I hadn't charged it up so it was dead.

I don't know what could have done this but after I came back online, my weblog has gone haywire! Can anyone tell me what is going on when your blog's sidebar moves under your posts? I can't tell if there's anything different in my template. It looks the same to me. This is annoying me and I don't know where to look. Well, I'm off to look at blogger.com for some answers. If anyone has any answers, please comment. I still don't know if this new haloscan comment feature works because nobody has commented since I activated it.

No comments: